1st Clock Frequently Asked Questions
Where does 1st Clock keep my alarms?
1st Clock keeps alarms in the registry under the following registry key:Back to top
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Green Parrots Software\1st Clock\Alarms
How do I backup alarms?
1st Clock allows you to backup and restore alarms in the Alarm List Window (right-click the clock and select Show alarm list...). Select File|Backup... and File|Restore... commands to backup and restore alarms.Back to top
How do I backup alarms and other 1st Clock settings automatically, for example using my backup software?
You may insert the following command into your backup script to create a backup of 1st Clock registry entries, that can be easily imported back:Back to top
REG EXPORT "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Green Parrots Software\1st Clock" "c:\backup\clock-backup.reg"
That command will export 1st Clock registry entries into the external file. Replace c:\backup\clock-backup.reg with any desired file path and name, but the desired extension for that file is ".reg" and full path name should be specified. To import settings back from this file just double-click it in Explorer.
Also if you want to export only alarms without other options, then you may export "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Green Parrots Software\1st Clock\Alarms" registry key.
How do I make 1st Clock chime every hour?
You may add the hourly alarm to make 1st Clock chime every hour.
Back to top
- Select New Alarm... in the popup menu, then select Hourly and select 0 minutes after the hour to make alarm run on the beginning of each hour.
- Uncheck Display message window option to keep alarm running silently in the background.
- Go to Sound section. Ensure that Play alarm sound option is turned on.
- If you want to play chimes on your pc speaker, select PC speaker melody option and pick #One Beep melody from the list. Otherwise select mp3, wav... option click Browse... and select Chime.wav media file.
- Then select Repeat sound option and select Depending on hours count (as cuckoo clock) option. Press Preview sound button to test how it will play and increase Pause between sounds if required.
- Then select Options section and select Ignore alarm option for the If alarm can not run in the start time setting.
- If you wish to limit chimes by a certain period of time (for example from 7:00 to 22:00), then select After and Before options and specify the desired period of time.
- Then click OK to add new chimes alarm.
Why 1st Clock does not save my settings?
This is a limitation of 1st Clock 30-day trial version. It does not save your settings between Windows sessions. The purchased software saves all settings.Back to top